MIGHTY IN POWER!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Ya'betz (Jabez)


Ya'betz (Jebez) called on the G-d of Isreal: "Please bless me by enlarging my territory. May your hand be with me! Keep me from harm, so that it will not cause me pain!" G-d granted him his request. Complete Jewish Bible (I Chronicles 4:10)

Such a small prayer with huge rewards! I have prayed this prayer many times in my life with all the same results as Ya'betz. That is why I decided to use that name for my blog. Ya'betz mother said in the verse prior to the prayer that she named him Ya'betz because she bore him in pain!

I have also bore many things through my life in pain... and through the pain of prayer with much travail awesome things have come to pass.

I love G-d with all my heart and soul without Him I am nothing! May you find this journey as exciting as I have!

1 comment:

Papa Frank said...

A song for you by Michael Card:

There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey

And all those who seek it shall find it
A pardon for all who believe
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind

To all who've been born in the Spirit
And who share incarnation with Him
Who belong to eternity stranded in time
And weary of struggling with sin

Forget not the hope that's before you
And never stop counting the cost
Remember the hopelessness when you were lost

There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey