MIGHTY IN POWER!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

THAT YOU MAY BE KNOWN


My Plagues To Your Heart

"... at this time I will send all My plagues to your heart... so that you [will] know that there is none like Me in all the earth. For at any time I [could] have put forth My hand and... struck you and your people with [a] plague and you [would] have been wiped from the earth. And yet, for this [purpose] I have caused you to stand, so as to show you My power, and for the sake of declaring My Name in all the earth...." Sh'mot 9:14-16
Adonai makes Himself known by allowing us to be part of His plans. He makes Himself known by setting His people apart, giving us a platform from which to shine. But He also makes Himself known by raising up and setting apart the wicked—not so they may triumph, but so that He may make an example of them. Adonai causes His enemies to stand "so as to show... [His] power, and for the sake of declaring [His] Name in all the earth."
For all time, the Mitz'riy (Egyptians) stand as an example for those who would presume to oppose the will of G-d. Let us, therefore, receive the warning in earnest and consider how we might fare should our hearts be hardened to the G-d of Yis'rael. For the sons of men, all Adonai has ever wanted was for us to know Him. May we know Him, then, not by His wrath, but by the patience and mercy He constantly displays... even as we constantly seem to forget that He alone is G-d.


P R A Y E R
That You may be known, Adonai, display Your glory and greatness! I praise You, Lord, for there truly is none like You in all the earth. Thank You, Hashem, for holding back Your hand, even though I am constantly taking You for granted. Show me Your ways, Adonai, that I may know You more, and never forget that You are G-d. I bless You, mighty one of Yis'rael, who sets apart the wicked and the righteous for the glory of Your great Name...
Ref. Messianic Devotional

No comments: