MIGHTY IN POWER!

Friday, June 6, 2008

The Voice Of G-D


I want to share a situation that happened to my husband and I.

When my husband got his check from work, we were both in a bit of shock that it wasn't as much as we had planned. We are going on vacation in July, (which is the first one we've had in 6 years), so we wanted to save as much money as possible. Knowing that we would have to tithe and pay bills, it would leave us with just about zero for vacation. My husband and I haven't been tithing, but know we need to because we are robbing from G-d what is truly His in the first place. We could have again chosen to keep the money and take from Him what was His but we choose to give Hashem His 10% with a joyful heart.

As Jews, we give to people in need, so we thought we would just ask G-d where he wanted His money to go. I heard a still small voice that said one thing, but I wanted to hear what my husband heard before I said anything. I wrote down on a piece of paper what it was I heard and then asked my husband what he heard.

The awesome thing was that what I had heard G-d saying was something I would of never thought of, not because I didn't like the possibility, but my way of thinking is to choose food banks, homeless shelters, etc. But this time I heard something that was unfamiliar to me.
So I wrote it down and waited for my husband to tell me was he heard.
Out of his mouth came the same thing I had wrote down on my paper. The Friends of the IDF fund!!!

Oh my gosh... Please take hold of this. I know that G-d was just looking for us to be faithful to Him, but in that moment when my husband and I realized that the G-d of the heavens and earth was talking to the both of us about the same thing at the same time, we were in tears! Hashem is sooooo good! G-d inclines His ear to hear even the smallest prayer. There are a trillion people on this planet and G-d was listening and answering the prayers of two of His children!

I would encourage you to talk with G-d today because there is no prayer to small that He won't answer! Have a Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: