MIGHTY IN POWER!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT WHICH IS THE WORD OF G-D


As the years have come and gone the one thing that has remand consent has been G-d's word!

It has never failed!

At the very beginning of my relationship with the L-rd he taught me how to pray scripture over every circumstance, that has been my life line! Epheshians 6
talks about the sword of the spirit which is the word of G-d. G-d gave us the sword (word) to use during battle. If you have G-d's word hidden in your heart doing battle become easier. However if you are just starting out G-d's word stands firm.... go to the WORD and read the scripture over yourself , friends and family! It will never fail you!

Here are just a few scripture, as you go through the word the L-rd with enlighten you as to all the scriptures you have in your arsenal.
"Is not My word like fire," declares the Lord, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?" (Jeremiah 23:29) NIV
A few of these prayers have been PERSONALIZED for more effective praying.

Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me: fight against those who fight against me. Take up shield and buckler; arise and come to my aid. Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me.
Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to shame; may those who plot my ruin be turned back in dismay. May they be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the Lord driving them away; may their path be dark and slippery, with the angel of the Lord pursuing them. Since they hid their net for me without cause and without cause dug a pit for me, may ruin overtake them by surprise -- may they fall into the pit, to their ruin.
Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in his salvation. My whole being will exclaim, "Who is like You, O Lord? You rescue the poor from those too strong for them, the poor and needy from those who rob them." (Psalm 35:1-10) NIV

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.
My enemies turn back; they stumble and perish before You. For You have upheld my right and my cause; You have sat on Your throne, judging righteously. You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked; You have blotted out their name for ever and ever. Endless ruin has overtake the enemy, You have uprooted their cities; even the memory of them has perished.
You reign forever; You have established Your throne for judgment. You will judge the world in righteousness; You will govern the peoples with justice. You are a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You. (Psalm 9:1-10) NIV (Personalized)

Lord, You are my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? You are the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
One thing I ask You Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in Your house all the days of my life, to gaze upon Your beauty and seek You in Your temple. For in the day of trouble You will keep me safe in Your dwelling; You will hide me in the shelter of Your tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at Your tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord. Hear my voice when I call, O Lord, be merciful to me. (Psalm 27:1-7) NIV (Personalized)

In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in Your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since You are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of Your name lead and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for You are my refuge. Into Your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth. I hate those who cling to worthless idols; I trust in the Lord. I will be glad and rejoice in Your love, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place.
Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction and my bones grow weak (Psalm 31:1-10) NIV
How great is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear you, which You bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in You. (verse 19) NIV

I will extol You Lord at all times; Your praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in You Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Be glorified Lord; I exalt Your name.
I sought You Lord, and He answered me; You deliver me from all my fears. Those who look to You are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. I called and You heard me; You saved me out of all my troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him. Fear the Lord, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (Psalm 34:1-10) NIV (Personalized)

I wait patiently for You Lord; You turn to me and hear my cry. You lift me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; You set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. You put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to You God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
How blessed I am when I make You my trust, and do not look to the proud, or turn aside to false gods. Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders You have done. The things You planned for us no one can recount to You; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.
Sacrifice and offering You do not desire, but my ears You have pierced, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. Then I said, "Here I am, I have come -- it is written about me in the scroll. I desire to do your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart." (Psalm 40:1-8) NIV (Personalized)
Do not withhold Your mercy from me, O Lord; may Your love and Your truth always protect me. For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head and my heart fails within me. Be pleased, O Lord, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me. (verses 11-13)

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love; according to Your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned and done what is evil in Your sight, so that You are proved right when You speak and justified when You judge. Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Surely You desire truth in the inner parts; You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones You have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. (Psalm 51:1-10) NIV

In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. Rescue me and deliver me in Your righteousness; turn Your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men.
For You have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on You; You brought me forth from my mother's womb I will ever praise You. (Psalm 71:1-6) NIV

May my cry come before You, O Lord; give me understanding according to Your word. May my supplication come before You; deliver me according to Your promise. May my lips overflow with praise, for You teach me Your decrees. May my tongue sing of Your word, for all Your commands are righteous. May Your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen Your precepts.
I long for Your salvation, O Lord, and Your law is my delight. Le me live that I may praise You and may Your laws sustain me. I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek Your servant for I have not forgotten your commands. (Psalm 119:169-176) NIV

I kneel before the Father, from whom His whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen [me] with power through his Spirit in [my] inner being, so that Christ may dwell in [my heart] through faith. And I pray that [I], being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all [I] ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work with [me], to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:14-21) NIV (Personalized)

No comments: